10- Best Blog Posts of 2016
Sponsored Posts and affiliate links are used in this post. See Disclosure/Disclaimer for details.
2016. Wow, it has been quite a year. We have experienced good times and bad times, but throughout the year I had the opportunity to write several amazing blog posts. I enjoyed meeting many local NC entrepreneurs who have a passion for their business and hearing their stories and sharing it with you. While Fit Triangle Mom started as a fit mom blog, I am excited to see it evolve into other mom topics- parenting, travel, food and faith.
10 Best Blog Posts
1. Thanks to the NC Bloggers Network, I was selected to visit and review the Carolina Bed & Breakfast in Asheville. My husband and I chose a date in March near our 15th wedding anniversary. It was the first time we had been away overnight since I had my youngest son. Our innkeepers James and Susan spoiled us with personalized attention and delicious food. I hope to visit again next year. Susan recently published a cookbook-Our Family Table: Recipes & Lessons from a Life Abroad filled with dishes she learned while living abroad to the meals she serves her guests. In celebration of Susan’s cookbook, the Bed & Breakfast is offering Cooking with Susan Class package that includes a 2-night stay.
2. My oldest son and I conquered our fears and climbed high in the trees at Go Ape. We balanced on wood planks as we were safely tethered to a harness that kept us from falling if we lost our footing. Go Ape is closed in the winter months, but reopens in March. My son is excited to go again in the spring.
3. The winter months can be difficult to keep your kids occupied and away from video games. Until, I learned about ABC 11 ‘s science special. The boys and I made slime, and learned about the scientific principles behind it.
4. My oldest son learned the importance of never giving up. He wanted to play basketball with all his friends, but he felt like he wasn’t good enough. Instead of giving up, he practiced everyday.
5. My theme this year was giving back, and I was honored to be a Komen Ambassador and share 5 reasons of why you should Race for the Cure. The Komen Race will be in held in RTP in 2017, but in May. I’m excited about the new date because the weather is more mild.
6. One of the things I’ve learned since I started running 5ks, is that running is hard on your body. Running is an amazing exercise that works your entire body. I tend to get shin splits and sore leg muscles when I run. The Triangle Vein Clinic showed me how I can enjoy running without the soreness with compression socks. The results were spectacular.
7. I introduced Beach Girl Devotions this year. I’ve always felt led to write about my Christian faith, and Beach Girl emerged from the heartaches, violence, uncertainty of 2016. The beach is a place of calm for me, and I used the beach to heal our hearts.
8. Our family had high hopes for our beloved Carolina Panthers this year. Even though they didn’t make it to the playoffs this, we enjoyed watching the games and eating delicious tailgate goodies.
9. Our favorite fast, fresh food restaurant PDQ celebrated it’s 5th anniversary. My family loves their fresh, never frozen menu items and their superior service. I love how every month they have a promotion to give back to the community.
10. The boys celebrated their 8th and 5th birthday this year, and we threw a party that they could join together (their birthdays are 1 week apart). We had Gaming Unplugged, a locally owned video game truck come to our house. It was a huge hit for the kids and parents.
These are just a few of the many posts that I wrote this year. What was your favorite post? What would you like to see next year?