10 Reasons to Attend the Southern Women’s Show
The Southern Women’s Show is in Raleigh at the NC State Fair Grounds this weekend (April 22- 24), and other Southeast locations this spring and summer. As a member of the NC Blogger’s Network, I had the opportunity to attend the preview night for this fabulous event. Girl, let me tell you; it will not disappoint! I easily found 10 reasons why you should not miss this event. For writing purposes, I picked my top ten favorites, but there were so many other reasons that you should probably just go and discover them yourself.
- Free Magazines for A Year Visit the lobby in the Expo center to register for a year’s subscription to Martha Stewart Living, Parents, Traditional Home, or All Recipes.
2.Test Drive the 2016 Chevy Camaro I have some of the best memories as a teen cruising down Franklin Blvd (our town’s main drag) in my girlfriend’s 1995 Red Chevy Camaro. We would take the t-tops out and let our hair fly wildly in the wind. Now you have a chance to relive or make memories in the new sleek and sporty Chevy Camaro. Plus you will receive a $10 gift Amazon gift card for taking the car for a spin.
3. A Complimentary Makeover! That’s right, Belk is literally rolling out the red carpet for all the ladies, and offering free makeovers. Plus it’s a fun way to experiment with a new color or trend.
4. The Food Lion stage Food Lion is known for their extra-low prices and newly-remolded Triangle area stores, but the Salisbury, NC based grocery store chain is also sharing tips and tricks to prepare easy, fresh and healthy meal ideas.
5. Shop! From Bling and home decor to new fashion trend’s like LuLaRoe and cute accessories, you’ll find it at the Southern Women’s Show. It’s a perfect time to shop for teacher appreciation and Mother’s Day gifts, and don’t forget about you!
6. Free Food/Drink Samples Try Bud Light’s new Lime-A-Rita Splash, the perfect drink to splash into summer. Also Visit the Barefoot Wines & Duplin Wines exhibits to sample their wines. My favorite fast, casual and always freshly prepared PDQ will be there offering samples of their chicken, salads and home made sauces. End your samplings on a sweet note and visit the Raleigh-based Sweetheart Treats space. Their mini champagne cupcakes are delicious.
7. Daily Fashion Shows Refresh your Spring/Summer wardrobe with ideas from the Fabulous Fashion Show, Dressing With Purpose presented by fellow blogger Molly Stillman, Spring Trends, and the popular Handsome Hometown Heroes that benefits the Firefighter’s Burned Children Fund of Wake County are just a few of the shows being presented.
8. Give Back– Shop the Interact Thriftique space and help support counseling services for families impacted by domestic violence and rape/sexual assault. Visit the First Citizens Bank space and learn how they have partnered with Teen Cancer America and how you can help too.
9. Get Excited About Fitness I had the chance to hear Barbara Grufferman, author of “The Best of Everything After 50,” speak about positive aging and living. I may not be 50, but living a healthy life should be a priority for every age- young or old. You can meet Barbara too or learn about her initiative at the Always Discreet exhibit.
10. Purchase Tickets Online: $10 for adults (a $2 savings), $6 for Youth (6-17), Kids, 6 and under are free, or you can purchase your tickets at Walgreens for only $8.
What is your favorite thing at the Southern Women’s Show?