5 Reasons to Race for the Cure
For the past 5 years I have been running in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. It started as a goal to run a 5k, and has since evolved into a passion for running and giving back. As a part of my Giving Back series, I am going to share with you my personal cause- Susan G. Komen Triangle to the Coast (a local NC affiliate of Susan G Komen). After my first race, I was inspired to become a Team Captain and share this life-changing race on my blog. It was amazing to watch the community come together and support the race. There is a special breakfast and recognition for survivors, as well as a time for remembering those we have lost. The Survivors wear pink, and I saw many running beside and ahead of me! This year, I’m excited to be an Ambassador of Komen NCTC, and a Team Captain!
Why should you Race for the Cure?
Here are my top 5 Reasons, and see below for a coupon code to join my team!
- Whether you Run or Walk the race, it’s a wonderful form of exercise. Always wanted to run a 5k? Start training now and you’ll be ready in time for the race!
- Your race registration (75% of net funds) helps to fund breast cancer early detection, support and educational awareness to 12 organizations within 29 counties of Eastern and Central North Carolina that serve under insured and uninsured residents.
- Your race registration (25% of net funds) is also invested into the Susan G. Komen national fund which supports breast cancer research, prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and new treatments.
- Encourage a friend. Breast Cancer is the most common cancer among women. Last year, my friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thankfully, it was discovered early. After enduring a full-mastectomy and reconstructive surgery, she is currently cancer-free! She told me that support from her friends and family was the best medicine. When you Race for the Cure, you are racing for those who can’t and inspiring others to keep fighting.
- Be apart of a team. You are not in this race alone. Meet new friends that enjoy giving back to their community and exercising. Team members can donate, run, or walk for the Cure! Click Here to join team Fit Triangle Mom and use the code FRIEND to receive $5 off your registration. Register on the 20th of the Month for only $20!
Race Day is June 11, 2016 at the Frontier Campus in RTP, NC.
Have you or someone you know been affected by breast cancer?